Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving in Hawaii

(Sorry up front for the overload of pictures........)

We had the chance to go to Hawaii for this past Thanksgiving. We met up with our brother Ryan and his wife Larissa and our other brother Cory, who are all going to school at BYU Hawaii. (Good excuse for us to go visit, huh?)
It was the longest flight yet for Naomi so we were pretty nervous how she would do but she was awesome! She watched movies and slept alot of the time.
We had the typical Thanksgiving "feast" and just enjoyed our days of full attention to one another. Here is the yummy spread-the favorite dish was Katelyn's yams with candied pecans on top.....yum. I could go for some of those right about now.
Naomi found a new love: the beach. It was the first word to come out of her mouth every morning and we visited often each day. She had so much fun, and we had fun just watching her play in the waves and the sand. The house we stayed at had a small fish pond so Naomi had to feed the fish a few times each day, too. Right next to the fish pond was a small fake turtle and Naomi took that with her everywhere for the first day or so, and she called him "Crush" like the turtle in Nemo. Kids are so smart!
Naomi also kept us entertained with "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". She loves to put on a show-didn't get that from me. =)
HIDE-N-GO-SEEK We took advantage of the pretty scenes and took a family picture! Probably one of the last before we have a family of 4.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a really fun and eventful Thanksgiving. Your family picture are very cute.

The Bahrs said...

I love your family pictures! They turned out so great! :) PS In the pics before that your arm is always in front of your tummy so it doesn't even look like your preggers. If I didn't know you better I'd say it was a hoax! Ha ha!

Mortensen Family said...

That would be a fun trip. I'm jealous. Your family pictures turned out really cute. You look so good Jess. Congrats again on the little boy.

Anonymous said...

Hawaii! How nice!

Natalie said...

I'm so jealous! No, I'm happy for you. Thats so fun... Thanksgiving in Hawaii sounds so celebrity.