Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas and New Years 2008

My mom and Dad came to visit for Christmas. It was so fun to have them here. Thanks for making the long trip out! They got snowed in at the Vegas airport so the ended up driving the whole way from Vegas up here to see us because no planes left the airport for about a day and a half!
Jamie, Dallas and Caleb also came for Christmas so we had a fun Ginn Christmas, minus some essentials-Bill, Leslie and John. But it was still fun to be together with family that we don't get to see often.
Naomi and Caleb had lots of fun together. They would not sit still for a picture so I just got some of the best that they would offer. =)
The only picture that I could get of both of them, but of course can't see the pretty faces. Naomi liked to put on Caleb's shoes and they were too big for her! He wears a bigger size than she does!
Caleb was getting some teeth so he loved chewing on the stroller handle! Too cute.
Adam loved having a little boy around.

Naomi always takes care of my left-overs, or she just takes over when she wants some of mommy's good food!

For Christmas Adam got our family a trip to see our family in New Orleans. My mom, dad, brother Bill and his wife, Leslie, drove down from Memphis to join us for the trip. It was so fun to see everyone and to show off Naomi.

Naomi on the plane to New Orleans. She was amazingly well behaved!
NEW ORLEANS ZOO:
(Grandma Ginn, Hayden, Adam, Naomi, Dad, Aunt Kathy, Dayton, Jenny, Mandy, Kaylyn)
The wild side of everyone came out while we were there....It was so fun for Naomi to have cuzzies to play with. They just adore her. And they were great at chasing her around the zoo!
Hayden and the bear
Naomi and Daddy by her favorite animal, "ellphant"

yikes!Our family, plus one stranger

CAFE DU MONDE
There is nothing like a night at this Cafe in New Orleans. They only sell beignets and beverages. The best combination is the beignets and their hot chocolate. Don't know how they make it so good but it is one of the best tastes in the world. (In the picture: Leslie, Bill's wife; Laura, my cousin; Bill, Adam, Jess)
Adam and my cousin Dayton, waitin on Po-Boys (sandwiches) at Pirates Cove.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Naomi is in a phase where she won't look at the camera when I want to take a picture, but if anyone else wants a picture, it's all smiles for her!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

What a fun Christmas and New Years your family had...spending it will FAMILY! I love all the pictures...little Naomi and Caleb sound like they are great friends and perfect ages for eachother!

The Bahrs said...

that is so fun! my favorite was the "our family...plus one stranger"! haha! you are too funny!

Heather said...

Your Christmas sounds like is was so great. And, I'm sitting here totally wanting to take a trip to New Orleans! I haven't been in years, but everything you guys did is what we did when I was growing up. I talk about Cafe Du Monde all of the time to Matt! He is yet to have beignets!

Can't wait to see your little boy!

Maria said...

That is great you were able to spend Christmas with your fam. I miss your family so much. That is impressive Naomi likes to eat salads. Way to go girl! Caleb is huge. Like always, New Orleans seems like so much fun.

Larissa Chase said...

She is adorable. I miss you guys so much!